· The ALTER-NATIVE International Short Film Festival is organized by the Hungarian Democratic Youth Union and it is the oldest international short film festival in Romania.
· The ALTER-NATIVE International Short Film Festival is an annual event. The 25th edition will be held between 8 – 12th November 2017 in the city of Targu Mures, Transylvania.
2. Terms of Registration:
· There is no registration fee for films entered for the festival.
· There are no genre limitations.
· Films submitted to the festival must be completed on or after January 1, 2015.
· The maximum duration for the films submitted is 30 minutes.
· Films can only be submitted once. Films previously submitted to ALTER-NATIVE International Short Film Festival are not eligible.
· Films which have been exhibited on the Internet will not be accepted. The festival reserves the right to remove films from the competition program, even after the results have been made public, if the films are already publicly available online.
· Each work requires a separat entry form.
3. Entry Procedures:
· The entry-form is to be sent online. A producer, director or distributor wishing to enter a film or films for selection must fill in the online entry form and must provide two stills from the film (not less than 1Mb) and an English dialogue list (including films with English dialogue), containing the film timecode in one of the following formats .srt, or .sub.Pdf or .xls files are not accepted.
· On the entry-form please provide a URL for the films download along with the password.
· Films may be submitted digitally in HD resolution file format. If there is no HD version of the film it must be sent in the best quality possible.
· Printing the filled entry-form is not necessary.
· The deadline for receipt of applications and the films is 15 September 2017.
· Entries will be canceled for films which will not arrive until the entry deadline.
4. Selections and Competition:
· After receiving the films, the entries will be judged by the preview jury who will select the films which will be shown at the festival. They also decide whether the films will be screened in the competition program or in additional programs.
· The result of the selection will be made public on the festival website: www.madisz.ro in the first half of October. Only those authors will be notified by e-mail whose films have been selected to the competition.
· The director (or another representative) of the film selected for the competition will be invited to the festival. The Festival covers the guest’s boarding and lodging costs for the entire period of the festival. Travel costs must be covered by the participant.
· All films which contain spoken dialogue other than English must have English subtitles.
· The festival will not pay any rental or screening fees for the submitted films.
5. Festival Prizes:
· The awards are appointed and presented by the international jury.
· The awards are given independent of film category and represent a monetary sum.
· There is a special award for best student or debut film.
6. Promotional Use of Works:
· The ALTER-NATIVE International Short Film Festival reserves the right to use the whole film or excerpts as promotion for non-commercial purpose in different areas of media for presentation and educational screenings and at different events for promotion of the festival.
· The competitors authorize the usage of pictures and information about their films, which they have sent to the organizers, in realizing the festival catalogue. They also authorize the exposure of these pieces of information to the press in the promotional campaign of the festival. These images/videos and other information might be used in TV broadcasts dedicated to the festival.
7. Acceptance of the Regulations:
· By submitting an entry form to the Festival, the entrant accepts the terms of the present regulations as stated in this document.